No products in the cart.
If you’ve been looking for a refreshing dish to enjoy in this warm summer weather, look no further. This wonderful fruit salad recipe by Sam Linsell of Drizzle & Dip combines pears with salty cheese and other fresh ingredients to create a savory mix of contrasting flavors. Cap it off by pairing it with a Sauvingnon Blanc and you’ll be in for a real summertime treat.
- 1 small butternut
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 2 tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. water
- 2 Abate Fetel pears – firm but ripe – diced
- 1/4 goats cheese feta
- 1 tsp. finely diced red onion
- 1 tsp. finely chopped chives
- 3 baby gem lettuce
- 1 tbs. orange juice
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. grain mustard
- 2 tbs. pumkin seeds
- 1 tsp. honey
- pinch of sea salt
- Peel the butternut and cut into quarters length ways. Using a peeler, slice thin strips off the butternut. Lightly salt these and leave for 20 minutes.
- Make a pickling liquid by mixing all the pickling ingredients together making sure the sugar dissolves. If it doesn’t dissolve, heat this on the stove in a small pot. Rinse the butternut (which would already have started to soften), and cover it in the pickle and leave this for a min of an hour.
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients together.
- To make the honey seeds, heat a non stick frying pan and toast for a minute or so, until they just begin to take on colour and make small popping sounds. Add the honey and move the seeds around until they are all coated. Add a pinch of salt and leave to cool.
- Once you have got all the elements made, its time to assemble your salad. Quarter the gem lettuce and mix the pear, onion, chives and cheese together. Scatter this mix over the lettuce, arrange the butternut, and sprinkle on the seeds. Drizzle over the dressing.